Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Pops...


This is my dad here to the left. This was taken last year at one of my farm work parties. My parents fly up to Portland a few times a year from L.A. for very "important" reasons, like: to work on my old beat up pick up truck, to bring me 20 pounds of fresh baklava, or to fix a leaky faucet in my apartment. I come from a large Greek family, I happen to be the youngest of 7 kids, so you better believe that i still get treated like the baby. I don't think more than a couple days have gone by where i haven't talked to my dad since i left home 11 years ago (i know!! crazy!). I am the definition of daddy's little girl. Just to tell you a little about this guy, the best man i know, he is 64 years old, an easy going southern boy with a kind soul. He has spent his whole life sacrificing himself for other peoples happiness. its funny, i always say there is a reason why your last name is Givens, you give too damn much. Unfortunatley, on May 19th 2011, almost a month ago, my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has metastasized into his liver. They told him he has 6 months or less, it is now becoming clear that it is much less than that. The journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment