Friday, June 24, 2011

the day after. the void

My Dad's spot, empty...

well the first day is halfway over, not fast enough. The house has been very quite which is unusual for our family, we are pretty damn loud. besides the phone ringing non stop from loved ones calling to give their condolences, i can actually hear birds chirping outside for the first time. seriously, there was something always going on at the house. whether it was having the grand babies over or yelling at the laker game with my mom for fun. His presence was HUGE, he filled the room with his joking and teasing. he would tease me and tell me to shave my legs all the time, but being the hippie farmer i am, it never happened, he tried. its the afternoon now and my mom, sister and i are sitting in the living room watching our shows we all watched as a family. some iron chef, minute to win it, the evening news. we didn't eat much for dinner. we just all felt the absence of my dad and all we can do is get used to it. i am worried for my mom, they were a package deal, as she would say. they did everything together, they were very much in love after 32 years. she is very lonely...i will make trips to L.A. every month to comfort her, as well my brothers, sisters, and grand kids. time will heal us all. we miss u dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment